Summer Camp Registration
The Sauquoit Valley Wrestling Club invites you to participate in this year's wrestling camp July 17-21, 2017. The camp is open to everyone in our community and neighboring communities. We will be accepting beginner wrestlers with little to no experience in one division. In a separate division we are inviting advanced wrestlers with more than 2-3 years of wrestling experience. This exceptional opportunity for students of all ages to learn a variety of new technique will take place at Sauquoit Valley High School every morning. After lunch, there will be outdoor activities to provide challenge, excitement and character building lessons.
The camp will be directed by SVWC Program Coordinator and Div III All-American Dan Keating.
Varsity Wrestling Coach for Whitesboro High School, and NY State Champion Brett Cook will be the featured clinician and Director of Wrestling for the week long day camp.
SV teacher and coach Frank Curriere will be the coordinator of field activities and Assistant Wrestling Coach.
DUE TO PARKING LOT RENOVATIONS, THERE WILL BE NO PARKING AT THE SCHOOL. STUDENTS WILL NEED TO BE DROPPED OFF AT THE TOWN PARK MAIN PAVILLION AT 9:00 am EVERY MORNING. The students will be walked over with the coaches as a group from there to the High School. Bring rain coats just in case.
- Monday, July 17th: 9:15am- Wrestling technique, mat wrestling, rules and counters. ADVANCED WRESTLERS WILL HAVE SEPARATE INSTRUCTION. 10:30- Live Wrestling. 11:30- lunch, ( bring a bag lunch or one will be provided for $4.00.) 12:00- Bus trip to New Hartford Town Park for hiking the trails. Bring water bottle, NO GLASS BOTTLES, for use every day. Hiking boots or sneakers are required, no flip flops or sandals. Be prepared to bring rain gear if necessary.
- Tuesday, July 18th: 9:15am- Wrestling technique, pinning combinations and scoring. After lunch the group will walk to the Town Park for water activities, team contests, and swimming. If your child cannot swim, please indicate on the registration form! ( non-swimmers will be kept out of the pool and be involved with all activities except water activities.) Please bring swim suit and towel.
- Wednesday, July 19th: 9:15am-Wrestling technique: takedowns, After lunch: Bus trip to Clark’s Gym in Cooperstown; Outdoor Ropes Course, and Rock Climbing.
- Thursday, July 20th: 9:15am- Wrestling technique and Takedown Tournament. After lunch: Field events.
- Friday, July 21st: 9:15am- Wrestling tournament. Afternoon cookout ( hamburgers and hotdogs, etc) and awards ceremony at the Town Park Pavilion. 1-2pm
CAMPERS NEED TO BE PICKED UP AT THE TOWN PARK PAVILLION Monday- Thursday at 5:00 sharp.
Parents and family members are welcome to join us for the cookout and awards ceremony on Friday at 1:00.
We will be concluding the cookout and awards ceremony Friday around 2:00pm.
NNYWAY (New York Wrestling Association for Youth) membership is required for insurance purposes and entrance to our camp. If your child does not already have NYWAY membership, this can be purchased at time of registration for an additional $17.00. The fee for the Sauquoit Valley Wrestling Camp is $150.00.
There will be a $40.00 discount for families with more than one participant. Reduced registration fees are available for Sauquoit Valley students based on financial need. Please call Mr. Keating directly if you need to apply for this. Please complete all of the information below: